iTEC Level 3 Sports Massage Diploma
The next Level 3 is starting in the Urban Co-op on October 1st 2022, contact Tracy on 0863557974 or firstname.lastname@example.org for open day dates, timetables and zoom calls available to discuss options.
This part time course is designed to provide foundational training to start your career as a Sports Massage Therapist. This professionally recognised course is equivalent to a NVQ level 3 standard.
Sports massage therapists are in great demand due to their knowledge, understanding and application of deep tissue massage techniques for muscle tension, aches and stiffness. Sports massage therapists also gain deep knowledge of injury prevention and maintenance of health and fitness of soft tissue. The increased interest in health and fitness has in turn led to an increased demand in the general public seeking deep tissue therapy, be onboard with your practical skillset and knowledge with a Body tree iTEC qualification as a Sports Massage Therapist.
Areas of study:
- Functional anatomy & physiology, nutrition, classification of sports injuries and the stages of healing of soft tissue.
- Practical and theoretical consultation and assessment techniques to evaluate massage strategies and methods for clinical and dressing room treatments.
- Understanding, skills and techniques of how to prepare and apply a range of sports methods to uninjured clients.
- Treatment of non-pathological tissue(non-injured) tissue
- Basic rehabilitation with a client to increase mobility and understanding of homecare programming
- Avail of the opportunity to be part of a GAA Internship program, with real life supervised learning at pitch side and in a dressing room environment.
There are 2 learning venues and options available to you:
- Tuesday evenings 6-9.30pm at Kildare Education Centre, Kildare Town.
- Full days every alternative Saturday 11.30-6.30pm at our Limerick Venue: Urban Co-Op.